Thursday, November 19, 2009

"A Woman's Place is in the Kitchen"



"A woman's place is in the kitchen." This is aa common statement made by many men in earlier years and even now. Problem is, times have changed guys. Woman dominance in the work force is taking over.
Woman have, and still are, been considered weak and not strong enough both mentally and physically to do the work that men can. I have learned this from personal experience. I played on a all boys basketball. As soon as I stepped on the court, all eyes were on me. "Shouldn't she be on the sideline cheering," Some said. I was pressured to do well or fail and honestly: IM INCAPABLE OF FAILING. So with the negativity as motivation, I played my a** off. I even made a boy cry! Cheer that.
Going back to the text, in one of the paragraphs, it mentions that there were three respondents that were currently employed in traditionally 'male' manual occupations at the point of interview; and a further four had moved up from male-domianted manual occupations to low-level management. All of those women were from intermediate or manual backgrounds. Talk about women making a come up...

No comments:

Post a Comment