Monday, October 26, 2009

Exotic Erotic


Exotic Erotic
I googles "erotic" and this is the first image that popped up.
The first thing that comes to my mind when I hear the word erotic is exotic, followed by a mental picture of an advertisement for a sex store and strip club called Erotica. Then of course the Snoop Dogg song called Sexual Seduction. Random right? But once we talked about it in our group discussion, I began to analyze it and know that it does not always have to mean something sexual. According to Article 29, the word erotic comes from the Greek word eros which means, the personification of love in all its aspects-born of Chaos, and personifying creative power and harmony. The author uses erotic in an uplifting for women way, not the negative all-about-sex connotation that it tends to have. It definitley opened up my eyes to the meaning of it...

No comments:

Post a Comment