Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Why I came to Western

Coming to Western Kentucky University was not in my future plans. All my life, I've wanted to be in the fashion industry. College was not a priority; translation: I wanted to become famous so I wouldn't have to worry about school. But my childish fantasies were soon slapped in the face with reality which meant that I was going to college whether my parents had to drag me all the way there or not.
Bitter, I began looking at colleges. But I was not going to settle in just any college. So being the high maintence diva I can be at times, I chose to look at one of the most expensive art schools, Savannah College of Art and Design or SCAD. Not only was it $41,000 a year (and went up every year) but it was also 9 hours away from home. I was not ready for such a big step in my life, at least not yet, so once again, my fantasy was turned to reality. Western had my program, so here I am.
Miserable, emotional, and a nervous wreck, is how I could be described upon arrival to WKU on August 17, 2008. Suddenly everything i had dreamed about was not even important to me. I was terrified.
As time passed, things got easier and I fell in love with every aspect of Western. :)

1 comment:

  1. Shewwww...I feel ya! I wanted to be a rock star! Glad to have you in class.

    ReplyDelete